Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb of stew meat or london broil
1 onion chopped
2 ribs celery chopped
1/2 pd of mushrooms sliced
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 cloves chopped garlic
salt & pepper
1 tble oil
1 cup sour cream
Cut meat in chunks, salt and pepper the chunks. Brown chunks in pot with oil. Once the meat is browned add onion, celery, garlic mushrooms, bouillon and water to cover meat. Simmer for 2 hrs or till meat is tender. Thicken to desired thickness with a mixture of 1 tble sweet rice flour, 1 tble cornstarch and 1/4c milk . Add to mixture and cook till thickened. Add sour cream just be for serving. Serve over Rice or Noodle. Serves 4

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! I am so excited. I was just telling Cara today that I wanted to call you for this recipe and here it is. I am glad that you are blogging. You have a lot of great things to share. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this recipe last night and it is super fab. The only thing I was unsure about was when to add the sour cream. I added it at the same time as the thickening mixture and it turned out great. Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete